Top 11 posts and an announcement
November 29, 2006
Top Posts in this Blog
There really is a lot of stuff to read in this blog. It usually is not that easy to navigate around a blog with a lot of content. I’m trying to reduce that problem by providing a lot of navigational help. I’ll add even more in the future. Right now, I have a Table of Content page (TOC in the top menu) that provides links to posts, grouped by subject area. And there is another helper located at a new page “Top 11” (see menu on top). It lists and links to the most popular posts on the blog. Here goes:
Here are the links to the Top 11 posts. Why 11 you may ask. Please do. Answer: Why Not? And why not the Top 12?
- The brand new post “Why we are losing the War on Global Warming” is doing quite well in spite of being up only two days (12/6 2006). It is a preview of my upcoming, major essay on Global Warming. Try it!
- On Reality – Part 3a – What about those faked, staged famous photographs in Part 3?: This is a pretty short post, by my standards, discussing a set of very questionable photos. For this to make sense, you need to refer to…..
- On Reality – Part 3 – More on Photojournalism: a post that discusses various photo journalistic flops. There are references to other more or less famous controversial photos.
- A New Look And Feel: This is not the most exciting post – it simply alerts readers that the blog is completely redesigned.
- Can Celebrities shoot? Here is a light hearted look at photos taken by nineteen more or less famous celebrities. I review their photos and offer some unwanted advice to artists-in-disguise from Rudy Guiliano to Carmen Electra. I liked the pictures by Nathan Purdee, Brendan Frasier, Leonard Nimoy and Jeff Bridges. A lot of the rest I did not like.
- On Ethics – Part 1 – Just a point of view?: The title meant: do ethics matter on a high, philosophical level? The post examines some famous philosophers and their take on ethics. These philosophers have a major impact far beyond what most people might think.
- On Ethics – Part 6 – We the People: Here we just jumped by the Ethics posts 2-5 and a lot of crucial views. I do recommend at least glancing at the posts in order. Part 6 covers Ethics on a personal level and how those ethics are influenced by our individual experiences and environments.
- About Stanley Kubrick, the Photographer: A great film maker, a great photographer. Do check out this one.
- On Reality – Part 5 – How Perceptions and Illusions destroy Reality: The main message of the Reality series is that Reality is something us humans know preciously little about. We think we do, which makes it even worse. Read the post and find out why.
- On Reality – Part 4 – Remembering Joe Rosenthal. A Personal Essay on War and Photography : Partly a tribute to Joe Rosenthal and his Iwo Jima photo, partly my personal statement on war. War is a terrible thing. It destroys people. I hate war.
- On Gordon Parks- Segregation, Hollywood, Fashion and more…: Gordon Parks was an immensely talented man. This posts tells his story in a too short manner. View his photos and I think you’ll see truth that is seldom so obvious.
- On Ethics – Part 3 – Clashes of Giants: This short essay lays the ground for On Ethics, Parts 3-6. It expands on some issues from On Ethics Part 1 (See above). I was compelled to add a few comments on the Bush administration illegal use of torture.
That’s the Top 11. Check out the Table Of Content for more navigational help. You’ll see the posts organized by main subject areas, making it easier to find what you care about.
Announcement: Here is a glimpse of that’s next. In a few days, I’ll publish a major post (in three parts, actually) on Global Warming. This is a subject of real importance and I’ve taken a long, hard look at it. It’s a huge post, well over 100 pages Word equivalent. But then, the importance of the subject is huge too. I hope you’ll find it of value.