The Exciting Posts in this Blog According to Readers
January 23, 2007
These are the posts you readers like the most in this blog. It includes the War on Terror, Global Warming, Reality, War, Politics, a bit of Celebrity stuff, Ethics and much else.
First, thanks to everyone of the 15,000 of you that spent time with my blog. I hope it provided some value for you. It certainly provides me with some joy. I think.
There really is a lot of stuff to read in this blog. It usually is not that easy to navigate around a blog with a lot of content. I’m trying to reduce that problem by providing a lot of navigational help. I’ll add even more in the future. Right now, I have a Table of Content page (TOC in the top menu) that provides links to posts, grouped by subject area. And there is another helper located at a new page “Top 12″ (see menu on top). It lists and links to the most popular posts on the blog. Here goes:
- On Reality – Part 3a (Update)- Famous Faked Photos and How to Make Them?: This is a pretty short post, by my standards, discussing a set of very questionable photos. This update of the original Part 3a (below) adds some material and makes it easier to follow the discussion.
- On Reality – Part 3a – What about those faked, staged famous photographs in Part 3? This post discusses some strange photos. For this to make sense, you need to refer to Part 3, below. It might be easier to read the update above.
- The two (three actually) posts on the War on Terror (Part 1,2 and 2a)- “Bad Strategies Lose a Bad War on Terror” and “Consequences of a Lost War on Terror” are well received. Today I uploaded an update inspired by the State of Union Address coming up in a few hours: ” State of The Union – The War on Terror Death March“.
- Can Celebrities shoot? Here is a light hearted look at photos taken by nineteen more or less famous celebrities. I review their photos and offer some unwanted advice to artists-in-disguise from Rudy Guiliano to Carmen Electra. I liked the pictures by Nathan Purdee, Brendan Frasier, Leonard Nimoy and Jeff Bridges. A lot of the rest I did not like.
- On Reality – Part 3 – More on Photojournalism: a post that discusses various photo journalistic flops. There are references to other more or less famous controversial photos. These photos are discussed in more detail in the top two posts above.
- On Ethics – Part 1 – Just a point of view?: Do ethics matter on any real life level? The post examines some famous philosophers and their take on ethics. These philosophers have a major impact far beyond what most people might think.
- About Stanley Kubrick, the Photographer: A great film maker, a great photographer. Do check out this one.
- Why we are losing the War on Global Warming is not doing quite as well as it should. Wake up, please – this is important stuff. It is a preview of my upcoming, major essay on Global Warming.
- On Ethics – Part 6 – We the People: Here we just jumped by the Ethics posts 2-5 and a lot of crucial views. I do recommend at least glancing at the posts in order. Part 6 covers Ethics on a personal level and how those ethics are influenced by our individual experiences and environments.
- On Reality – Part 5 – How Perceptions and Illusions destroy Reality: The main message of the Reality series is that Reality is something us humans know preciously little about. We think we do, which makes it even worse. Read the post and find out why.
- On Gordon Parks- Segregation, Hollywood, Fashion and more…: Gordon Parks was an immensely talented man. This posts tells his story in a too short manner. View his photos and I think you’ll see truth that is seldom so obvious.
That’s the current Top 12. Check out the Table Of Content for more navigational help. You’ll see the posts organized by main subject areas, making it easier to find what you care about.
Here is a bonus graph showing the readership of the main areas of this blog. Enjoy: